It is important to control food for those whose blood sugar levels are higher than normal but not so high that they have diabetes. The diet for prediabetes is a balanced diet plan that combines a series of healthy foods to lower glucose levels in patients at risk of developing type 2 diabetes. It is a regimen in which it is necessary to redesign the meals, since some products of habitual consumption contain components that can produce an excessive accumulation of sugar in the blood. Its adoption brings important benefits for health and weight, not only because it optimizes the use of glucose, but because it boosts the activity of the metabolism and slows the progression of this dangerous disease.
What should be taken into account? What are the most appropriate foods? On this occasion we want to reveal how to make a good diet for prediabetes. This will be of help to help both those who have been diagnosed and those who are concerned about preventing it.
Allowed and Prohibited Foods
Prediabetes is a condition in which blood sugar levels are above what is considered normal, but not high enough to be diagnosed as type 2 diabetes.
“Anyone can benefit from a diet for prediabetes, regardless of whether you are at high risk or not of any of the forms of diabetes mellitus”.
Although patients with high blood sugar should follow a series of medical guidelines, the main factor to avoid complications is to improve 100% the diet. For this reason, it is convenient to learn to differentiate the beneficial foods for the control of glucose from those that can be harmful.
Allowed Foods in the Diet for Prediabetes
The best foods to control high glucose levels in case of prediabetes are those that have a low glycemic index. These, in general, provide fiber, protein and essential fatty acids that are essential in the diet. A diet menu for prediabetes may include foods such as:
- Whole wheat bread
- Non-starchy vegetables, such as carrots and green vegetables
- Beans and legumes
- Sweet potatoes
- Wheat pasta
- Chicken without skin
- Blue Fish
- Natural low-fat yogurt
- Egg whites
- Fruits with edible skin
- Quinoa or barley
First, to be able to bring sugar levels to normal levels it is advisable to avoid some foods whose composition can increase the presence of glucose. It is useless to add healthy ingredients if you are still consuming too many carbohydrates and sugars. The foods and drinks that should be avoided to the maximum are:
- Sweets and industrial bakery products
- Ice cream and chocolate
- Sugary sodas, soft drinks and energy drinks
- Fruit juices with added sugar
- Nuts such as prunes and dates
- Foods with too much sugar (figs, bananas or fruits in syrup)
- Fast food and frozen foods
- Margarines and harmful oils
- Beef guts
- Whole Dairy
- Canned and sodium-rich foods
- Alcoholic drinks
Menus that can be Included in a diet for prediabetes
When a person receives a positive diagnosis of prediabetes, the doctor usually makes some adjustments in the diet in order to avoid progression to diabetes. For this, they usually take into account relevant aspects such as age, weight and the presence of other diseases. It is normal that the menus vary in each person, according to their needs. However, below we share some options that can serve as a model to design the diet.
- Infusion, slice of whole grain bread and light white cheese and low-fat yogurt.
- Infusion, fruit salad and boiled egg.
- Grapefruit juice, whole grain crackers and avocado or tomato sauce.
- Freshly squeezed orange juice and wholemeal cookies.
- Fruit infusion
- Oat or almond vegetable milk.
- Salad with carrot, tuna and brown rice.
- Lean meat, green salad and a fruit for dessert.
- Grilled breast, brown rice, sauteed vegetables and light gelatin.
- Greek yogurt with blueberries.
- Cookie or wholemeal bread with slice of turkey.
- Green smoothie.
- Grilled fish with steamed vegetables.
- Vegetable consommé with grilled brisket.
- Pumpkin puree, lean meat, brown rice and gelatin or fruit.
There are many healthy foods that can help control prediabetes. However, it is convenient to supplement your consumption with a routine of regular exercise to obtain greater benefits. Are you worried about this disorder? Beat it now!
what are the best foods to eat if you are prediabetic?, prediabetes diet foods to avoid, best food for diabetes control, diabetic food chart, worst fruits for diabetics, what foods to avoid with diabetes, diabetes fruits to avoid list, pre diabetic diet food list, healthminimarket.com, healthminimarket
#whatarethebestfoodstoeatifyouareprediabetic? #prediabetesdietfoodstoavoid #bestfoodfordiabetescontrol #diabeticfoodchart #worstfruitsfordiabetics #whatfoodstoavoidwithdiabetes #diabetesfruitstoavoidlist #prediabeticdietfoodlist #healthminimarketcom #healthminimarket