Surely more than once you have heard about diet of 19 hours that of “eat breakfast like a king, eat like a prince and dine like a beggar”. This phrase is related to the diet of which today we are going to talk to you and that probably already you have known in some other occasion, perhaps under another name: the diet of the 19 hours. Mark habits, a routine and schedules is essential in our day to day, both at the level of daily activities and in the aspect of food. The 19:00 Diet is a long-distance race, a nutritional plan rather than a diet in itself that will help you not only lose weight without going hungry, but also change habits not too appropriate for your body and make you feel healthier.
What is the 19 Hours Diet?
Without any doubt, the food DOES understand schedules. Adrenaline, dopamine and cortisol reach their highest point during the morning, provide us with energy and keep us active the rest of the day. However, after 7 pm, all of them are decreasing and cause an increase in insulin levels, transforming into fat the food we have eaten after that time (especially carbohydrates).vThe 19 o’clock Diet does not prohibit any type of food during the day. Depending on your tastes, time availability and economic possibilities, you can choose what to eat and in what quantity. It is very important not to go hungry during the day, as this will lead to compulsive behavior during the night and to a certain anxiety about food, which is not advisable when you want to lose weight.vYou have to be clear that miracle express diets do not exist. However, the yoyo effect that worries those who follow a diet is real, so we must consider our nutritional plan as a medium-long-term goal to avoid it. Putting us achievable and measurable goals over time is the best way to motivate ourselves and not fall into frustration, which will undoubtedly trigger a return to bad eating habits. A reasonable objective to avoid the rebound effect would be between 500 grams and 1 kilo per month.
At the time of developing the Diet at 7:00 p.m., there are five key tips or tips that you must follow to know that you are doing it correctly: Do not go hungry during the day, do not deprive yourself of what you want or stay anxious about eating something. It’s better to “skip the rules” for the day than to binge at night
“More carbohydrates at breakfast, more protein in food: for a nutritionist, this would be the ideal distribution of food throughout the day”
- Hypocaloric dinners, as early as possible : it is true that by working hours many of us cannot decide what time we have dinner, but if you can do it at least three hours before going to bed, the better.
- Force of will: as we have said before, the 19 hours Diet is characterized as a long but very rewarding path. The first months you will notice a faster weight loss, but if around the third-fourth month you notice that you do not lose a gram, do not worry, you are doing well. Around the fifth month you will resume the loss of weight.
- Give yourself free one or two nights a week to stay optimistic and eager to continue with the diet.
Food Allowed at the 19 O’clock Diet
Here’s a standard list of foods you can take after 7 pm, but you can add more yourself as long as you meet these requirements: no fat, no carbohydrates and low calorie content (recommended below 150 calories))
Vegetables and Greens:
- Brussels sprouts
- Lettuce in all its varieties
- Soup or cream of vegetables (no noodles)
- Loin ribbon
- Natural tuna
- Crab sticks
- Gelatin without sugar
- Egg (cooked or tortilla)
- Skimmed milk
- Natural yogurt without sugar