Do you want to lose weight in 15 days but wonder about the effectiveness of the weight loss plan? Well, our expert Dr. Neha Sanwalka, nutritionist and dietitian, explains that a person can lose around 2-3 kg of weight in a healthy way in 15 days. In addition, it does not include strenuous exercises or fasting nor does it feel exhausted at the end of the day. All you need to do is eat healthy and exercise regularly to lose weight in the stipulated time. Here is a quick guide to help you lose extra pounds in 15 days.
Lose Weight in 15 Days. How is it Possible?
Dr. Neha says: “A diet high in protein, moderate in carbohydrates and low in fat is the most effective diet plan to lose weight in 15 days. It is important to maintain a correct balance between proteins, carbohydrates and fats in order to lose weight in a healthy way. With a high protein diet, maximum weight loss in the short period of 15 days is guaranteed and moderate carbohydrates are essential to nourish the brain and muscles.
“The low-fat diet meets the body’s requirements for fatty acids for various metabolic processes”.
A diet plan consisting of a one day detox diet followed by a high protein diet (alternative detoxification and high protein diet) is the most effective diet plan to lose weight in 15 days. Here is a sample diet plan that you can follow to lose weight in 15 days. However, repeat this diet cycle for 15 days to achieve effective results.
# 1 Detox Day or 1st Day
- Morning: Drink a glass of vegetable juice first thing in the morning, as it helps eliminate various toxins in the body. Read about the Ayurvedic detox diet, a step-by-step guide to cleaning your body.
- Breakfast: your breakfast should include a fruit (preferably watermelon) or any seasonal fruit together with 3-4 almonds soaked. This will provide the carbohydrates and proteins needed to start your day and fill your stomach until the afternoon.
- Mid-morning: a glass of coconut water consumed during this time serves as a good way to maintain your metabolism rate and prevent a drop in blood sugar levels.
- Lunch: a plate of salad together with a plate of vegetable soup (without cream) forms a healthy meal to lose weight in 15 days.
- Mid afternoon: consume a plate of papaya, if you are hungry in the afternoon. This will not only fill your stomach, it will also provide you with the necessary amount of carbohydrates that will help your weight loss goals.
- Night: for your nighttime cravings, consume a glass of coconut water instead of tea or coffee. In addition to being healthy by nature, it will satisfy your cravings for hunger, which will help you, meet your goal of weight loss.
- Dinner: your dinner should be the same as lunch; you should consume a plate of salad and a plate of vegetable soup as part of your dinner. Here are 6 healthy diet slimming recipes for weight loss.
# 2 High Protein Diets
- Morning / breakfast: drink a glass of milk in the morning to start the day. For your breakfast, consume a plate of sprouts to pack a protein punch into your body. However, if you are not a vegetarian and want to eat eggs, an egg omelette is what you should eat.
- Mid morning: for your mid-morning craving, consume a yellow-orange fruit (preferably seasonal fruits) to load your body with simple carbohydrates.
- Lunch: a plate of salad with 2 chappatis, a curry bowl of dal or chicken and a vegetable curry forms a healthy and nutritious lunch to keep you motivated with your weight loss plan.
- Mid-afternoon: a bowl of curd or a glass of milk with butter that is consumed around 3 to 4 pm acts as a perfect snack in the middle of the afternoon to satiate your cravings and fill your stomach.
- Night: As part of your nightly snack, consume a plate of chicken or egg soup (or sprout soup, if you are vegetarian) and a medium-sized fruit to stay active and calm your hunger pangs. Here’s how to lose weight quickly with the help of these 10 Indian foods.
- Dinner: For your dinner, a grilled chicken / fish dish is recommended. However, for vegetarians, the roasted paneer or cabbages should form your dinner.
Night Time Cravings: How to Deal with That?
Dr. Neha explains: “Normally, people crave sweet, starchy or salty foods when they have nighttime cravings. In such cases, a bowl of fresh fruits or a handful of dried fruits are good options to achieve your goal of weight loss. However, never stuff yourself with ice cream or chips at night, as they can spoil your entire weight loss regimen. Another way to avoid binge eating is to divert your mind from food cravings. In such cases, reading a book or scribbling could be the trick and help you fulfill your plan and lose weight in 15 days. Here are 7 healthy snacks that help you lose weight.
Exercise Routine for a 15-day Weight Loss Plan
For any weight loss regimen, 80% consists of diet and 20% comprises exercise. As you need to lose weight within 15 days, your exercise regimen should focus on your entire body instead of focusing on specific parts of the body. “A person must perform cardiovascular exercises for 45-60 minutes a day to facilitate a good weight loss in 15 days,” advises Dr. Neha. Here are some cardio exercises that can help you lose weight:
- For walk
For a faster and more effective result, you can combine cardio with weights. This will ensure that you are burning calories along with improving your metabolic rate. This is how you can overcome the top 10 excuses for not exercising.
Tips to Keep in Mind
In addition to diet and exercise to lose weight, there are few aspects that you must take care to lose weight within the stipulated time. These include –
- # 1 Check your water intake: water is an essential component for good health and weight loss too. A person should drink 8 to 10 glasses of water every day in addition to eating a healthy diet and exercising regularly.
- # 2 Stay away from stress: most people tend to gain weight when they are stressed due to the release of various hormones in the body, which can hamper their goal of weight loss. Therefore, you must perform meditation, yoga or enjoy a hobby for at least 15-20 minutes to relax the mind and body.
- # 3 Sleeps and rest: for a healthy weight loss plan, it is essential to sleep 6 to 7 hours and rest to relax your body. This is because a deep sleep will refresh your mind and body and will make you energetic the next day.
- # 4 Stay in good physical condition: if you plan to lose weight, you should make sure that your blood biochemistry for hormones such as the thyroid and vitamins such as vitamin D and vitamin B12 are normal before starting the 15-day diet. If these blood levels are not within the normal range, it would also adversely affect your health and your weight loss efforts. Here’s how you can lose weight in 7 days.
Weight Loss: 2 Things you Should Know
# 1 Role of Metabolism in Weight Loss
In simple terms, metabolism is the process by which your body converts food into energy. To lose weight, you must increase your metabolism so that the body uses stored fats well. Read how exactly metabolic changes can help you lose weight.
Here are the 10 best foods to boost your metabolism and help you lose weight.
- Green Tea
# 2 Calorie Intake and Weight Loss
Just because you want to lose weight, there is no need to hate calories. An adequate caloric intake, including those obtained from fats, is extremely important to boost metabolism. Apart from this, the more you eat healthy, the better you will be fed with energy.
- Choose low-calorie foods such as cabbage, peppers, garlic, almonds, cucumber and watermelon.
- Add high-fiber foods to your diet
- Avoid sugars, stimulants like coffee and energy boosters.
- Include spices in your diet
- Replace alcohol with water
With these tricks and tips to lose weight, you can lose 2 to 3 kilos of weight in 15 days and that also in a healthy way. However, keep track of your progress after 15 days with these applications and follow this simple plan to ensure effective results in quick time.