Purple peas are few known to people, including the health benefits of purple peas. Green peas are more common to consume. Many people not only love the taste of green peas, but also consider that there are many benefits behind vegetables. But it is good news that purple peas are also healthy. Although it is not very common in the market, but it can produce in various types of dishes. In addition, it brings many healthy benefits to the body. Purple peas are native to Africa and can easily be found in Nigeria. The plants belong to the southern pea family. These purple peas surprisingly only have the purple peel, but with green beans inside. Therefore, when the peas are ripe, it is quite easy to harvest them due to their bright color between their leaves.
Peas can be produced in several meals. It can be served as a vegetable salad, soup or other types of food. Therefore, it would not be difficult to consume vegetables. An interesting fact is that people begin to become familiar with this type of peas during American slavery. Familiarizing all Western countries with this type of peas. Another interesting fact is that many people do not call this vegetable as peas, but rather as beans.
There are several nutrients inside purple pea peas. Normally in 100gr of this type of peas consist of below nutrients:
- 7.73 g protein
- 20.76 g of carbohydrates
- 6.5 g fiber
- 3.3 g of sugars
- 24 mg calcium
- 5 mg of iron
- 53 mg of magnesium
- 156 mg phosphorus
- 240 mg of sodium
- 29mg zinc
- 5mg of selenium
- 4mg of vitamin C
- 1mg of vitamin B6
- 1 mg of vitamin A
- 28mg of vitamin E
- 7mg of vitamin K
10 Benefits of Purple Peas You Should Know:
To learn about the various health benefits of purple peas, take a look at the following points:
1. Source of Fiber:
- Like many of the vegetables, mainly peas, these types of peas are also a great source of fiber.
- It is no longer a secret that many vegetables contain a lot of fiber that is good for digestive treatment.
- Therefore, as long as you have digestive problems, these vegetables can be a better natural solution to choose from.
- These are the same health benefits of oranges that can help bring as the source of fiber as well.
2. Healthy Digestive:
- As vegetables bring a good source of fiber, it is the right way to maintain and treat a healthy digestive.
- Therefore, consuming peas frequently can help improve the digestive system.
3. Promotes Metabolism:
- Through a better digestive system, peas are also good to help set the metabolic rate.
- It will improve the body’s metabolic system and help to optimally transform food into energy.
- In addition, it will improve the level of oxygen within the body due to the optimal metabolic process.
- These are the same health benefits of chokecherry that can also help reduce the metabolic rate.
4. Improve the Intestine:
- The high fiber content is also good for improving bowel movement in food processing within the intestine.
- Therefore, it provides an optimal digestive system and can help avoid the possibility of any digestive problem.
5. Prevent stomach cancer:
- Other health benefits of purple peas, including preventing the possibility of stomach cancer.
- However, this statement needs more research and evidence to ensure that this benefit is real.
- This is the same essiac tea health benefits that can help as an anti-cancer too.
6. Nutrient Absorption:
- The consumption of purple peas can help in an optimal way for nutrient absorption.
- The optimal metabolic rate and digestive fixation system will lead to better absorption of nutrients in the body.
- Therefore, it is good to include peas in the daily dietary menu.
7. Prevent Fat:
- As peas capable of optimizing nutrient absorption, it is also a good way to avoid the absorption of fat in the body.
- Therefore, it will help prevent several cardiovascular diseases and better control body weight.
8. Weight Control:
- Another advantage of consuming purple peas also for better weight control.
- Like fiber-rich vegetables, it can help control body weight and prevent overweight.
- This is a good natural option for people who plan to lose weight.
9. Avoid Constipation:
- Purple peas are also one of the good options to avoid the possibility of constipation.
- Several vitamins and minerals inside vegetables are good for managing a healthy digestive system and will try to decrease gas production inside the stomach.
- These are the same health benefits of potato soup that can help avoid the possibility of constipation as well.
10. Relieves Stomach Upset:
- Eating peas is also a good way to relieve a sick stomach.
- How can you help avoid constipation and deliver a healthy intestinal process?
- Therefore, it is a good natural way to treat heartburn and any stomach upset.
- In addition, it will relieve stomach ache symptoms.
Precautions and Recommendations:
Even vegetables can bring many advantages, it does not mean that you can really consider saving to consume. Therefore, before deciding to eat peas frequently, it is better to look at the recommendations below first:
- Avoid eating peas if you have allergic reactions such as itching, redness of the skin, swelling of the body part or even nausea and disease.
- Consume in appropriate portions daily to avoid the possibility of diarrhea due to the high fiber content within the vegetable.
- People with medical treatment should consult with the doctor before deciding to put the menu on the daily dietary menu.
- Be sure to clean the peas before using them on any food or dish to avoid the possibility of unwanted diseases.
These are the health benefits of purple pea peas that most people don’t know. However, today people start using peas in their dishes. Since it is almost similar with green peas. Be sure to consider the recommendation and always check the medical condition before consuming the vegetables. Therefore, it can bring optimal benefits without harmful side effects to the health condition.